-
November 22nd, 2006, 03:09 AM
#1
Inactive Member
That's a tough choice! I'm inclined to say both because they're both so unique. The Gingerbread House is really fun to make. My daughter got her first one when she was 10. That was back when they were still edible. Now the gingerbread kit sits on a shelf in a warehouse so it's not promoted as edible. It is very fun to make though and my daughter still remembers the fun she had making hers all these years later.
The music box is really sweet. I got my daughter the music box when the case was solid wood. She still has it and it's a wonderful keepsake for Samantha.
Of course, we no longer have the gingerbread house because it got eaten. But I do have a gingerbread ornament my mom made and it's at least 10 years old. She dipped it in paraffin wax and that preserved it. Some day I may try the same paraffin dip to preserve Samantha's Gingerbread House. Even then, I don't expect it to last longer than 5 or 6 years because the icing will probably break down first, even dipped in paraffin wax.
If you want your daughter to remember a delightful activity you and she can do together, go with the Gingerbread House. If you want something she can play with all year long, get the Music Box.
Julia
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks